Saturday, July 19, 2008

Have you been to the movies lately?

I went to see Ironman yesterday (great movie by the way) and it got me thinking. It's no wonder people a fat - yes FAT! not overweight or one of these other PC terms they like to use. The truth is so many people are fat these days - I travel all around the world and no matter where I go it's always the same.


Back to the movies - in Singapore, USA and most other countries they don't allow you to take your own food into the cinema with you. The only option you have is the crap that they sell that makes McDonalds look good.

The movie theaters need to offer healthy options but there is only one way this is going to happen and that is if people stand up and make a stance against the crap they offer. One way to do this is to stop buying the junk they serve up. I personally just sneak my food in - there is no way in hell I would eat anything from the movies.

Bottom line - hit them where it hurts - their profit margin.....

9 comments:

Goi said...

Ironman? Seriously? Is that even showing there anymore?

But yes I agree, watched The Dark Knight last week(it's the new Batman show old guy), and the tickets came with complimentary food and drinks. The only food available was a big pack of popcorn, and the only drink available was soda. I tried to ask for mineral water since they had it for sale, but no, I couldn't get it. I ended up forfeiting my portion.

Optimum Performance said...

The movies show here for a lot longer than in Singapore - usually up to 2 months.

Never go to a new opening up here. For one you can not book a seat by number. So you have to wait in line - there is a movie theater downstairs from my place and I see people waiting for an hour or more in line.

Anonymous said...

Hey, pardon me for asking it here( you never ever reply emails it seems), but can you sell some of the kbs to me? i don't mind paying the original price you got for it(it's in rather bad condition due to all the 300s ha.) If its actually possible, i'd like 1 16kg and 2 20kg

Optimum Performance said...

My email account is quite bad. Sends so many emails to junk and junk mail I get about 400 per day so I miss a few emails.

Sorry can't sell any of the gear. But will speak to a company down there about importing and selling in a shop there. Well keep posted on forum and here on blog.

Lai said...

Hey Peter, I'm not sure if you received my email regarding future OPTS-CPT courses in Singapore. My email is spikeout[at]gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you :)

Glad to hear that there will be still be someone selling kettlebells in singapore even after you've left. Thanks for the effort

Jordon said...

Alright man. Thanks for the reply.

Lai! taking CPT? I'm OOO.ooo in the forum. ha. it'll be rather bad if you aren't able to make it in sept.

About the Kb seller in sg, hopefully the chance of it happening is high. : )

Lai said...

Jordon, don't think so leh, damn suay that coming CPT clashes with my prelims exam. Then I'm gonna enlist in army soon liao next year... Dont know when then can take sia lol.

Optimum Performance said...

Check the member only section of the forum for details on Kettlebell Order.

Herman Chauw said...

Put your food in your bag when you go movies. Nobody will stop you.